Thursday, 25 June 2015

Despicable Me



Alhamdullilah, with patience and love, we waited for our baby. With excitement and joy, we welcome Arissa Fathia (Born on 23 June 2015) to our family.

Like most men, I have done macho things all my life. However, I can categorically say that nothing has tested my manhood as much as becoming a dad.I never really grew up until I had a baby.

When I was about to become a father for the first time, other men who’ve already blazed that trail are keen to share their experiences. I get those who tell you it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to them, and those who talk knowledgeably of sleep patterns and bottle-feeding. 

Although a man learns what it means to be a dad from his own father, it’s not until the birth of you that I started the most important journey of my life.

Who would have thought to my surprise, the day I looked in my daughter's eyes that I would find my pride and joy.

All the thoughts in my head of this little girl. I did not know who I was as a man until the moment you were placed inside my hands. And it was at that split moment when you opened your eyes, your true identity was no longer disguised. 

As the lights glistened in your beautiful eyes, Inside I slowly started to cry. I was given an angel from heavens above. The final test as a man, a little girl to love.

I am not ready to be a father yet. I don’t know if anyone is ever truly “ready”. So I ask you now, forgive my mistakes. Understand that my fear is born from not wanting to fail you. But know that I’m here, and I will always be here, no matter what happens.

We love you so much and look forward to a lifetime of wonderful adventures with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment