Saturday, 5 October 2013

After Ever After



Marriage brings out the best in me and it brings out the worst in me. Back then you had no idea that "for better and for worse"doesn't kick in only when life hands you a tragedy. So for the record, I agree: Marriage is hard. Not exactly mind-blowing, I know, and you’ve heard it before, but that doesn’t change the truth of the statement. Marriage is not easy.

To my single friend and many others who will be reading this blog.You think the hardest part will be finding someone you love who’ll love you back. You think once you find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, your problems will be over.You’ll always be loved and supported; you’ll never feel lonely again. You’ll buy a house, have children and live happily ever after…

When you get married, you think that as long as you pick the right partner, your soul mate, you'll be happy together until death do you part. Then you wake up one day and realize that no matter how great the person is, the person doesn't make you happy every moment of every day. In fact, some days you might wonder why you were in such a hurry to get married in the first place. You think to yourself, This is so not what I signed up for.

Marriage is not a fairy tale, though it is wonderful and beautiful and with my whole four months of experience, I find it utterly fulfilling. But it’s not simple by any stretch of any imagination. Marriage is about compromise, communication, and mutual respect. This takes hard work.

But the strange beauty of marriage: It's full of hard times and hard lessons that no one can ever prepare you for. But in the end, those are the things that give richness to your life together — and make your love even deeper and stronger than when it began.

Note:- To my wife, like Pangako Sa'yo lyrics "I promise you that I'll fight for our love through thick and thin so that we'd never have to be apart, because someone like you only comes once in my life"

No comments:

Post a Comment