Saturday, 27 July 2013

Big Bang Theory



 
 
I decided today to do a post on something that I’m very passionate about, my nerdy-ness. I think that some people think being a nerd is socially degrading or has negative connotations or means you are weird. There is so much ridiculousness surrounding nerds that are stirred up by fake stereotypes. I wonder even how the misconceptions about us even came to be, they are so false and not even grounded in the truth.

I am a nerd. I strive to learn new things each and every day. I believe that every day you should go to bed wiser than when you got up that morning. I truly enjoy learning new thing. In no way am I claiming that I am sophisticated or some sort of genius, as there are, and always will be, people who are vastly smarter and more sophisticated than I. However, this does not bother me, nor should it. One day I stumbled upon a quote by Socrates in which he claimed, “I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.” I went to bed that night wiser than the day prior.

Finally, I am a learner because I believe in improving one’s self in all facets of life. Whether it’s physical or mental, I believe in always getting better and improving myself. I enjoy reading, to increase my vocabulary and improve my knowledge. Learning does not solely occur in classrooms, it’s all around us, and not only do I think it’s necessary, but I enjoy it.  

I am not super book smart but if I could erase Algebra from my mind, I would. Some nerds are probably geniuses, I’m sure, but a lot of us aren’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment