Friday, 9 November 2012

The Accountant





I have been reminiscing a lot lately about how I became an accountant. I am so grateful to the people that supported and trained me at the beginning, and taught me how to be a good accountant. If it wasn’t for them giving me a chance and taking the time to train me, I wouldn’t know what I know now and I could have even given up on my accountancy career.

Accounting profession has a positive impact to my life. First, the profession has made me feel as a contributor to the economic development of the world. My business organization has benefited from my service in decision making for future performance improvement. Secondly, the profession has shaped myself discipline. Account department is very crucial to the running of the business thus it must be involved in all business activities and transactions. This has made me a good time manager and a hard working person.

As some of you may know, my main profession is accounting. It's a challenge for an accountant to write a whole blog. Everything I've learnt in my entire life can be boiled down to a dozen numbers, so writing is a problem for me.

So I wanted to share some of what the world has looked like for me since becoming an accountant. I started writing a blog for ACCA Careers, the reason I have decided to write for ACCA Careers is because I have a real desire to contribute to the younger generation and society on the whole through information and knowledge sharing. ACCA Career is one of the best tools for me to realise this ambition.

Please find my articles as per below:-





As I pause midway through my life and look back at life since school, I realise that the road I took was one that I never expected to be on, but I am eternally grateful and humbled by the opportunities I have had. I intend to live the rest of my life building upon that foundation.

Happy Accountant's Day

2 comments:

  1. I am also glad I chose the path of accountancy. I am offering a service that really helps people and gives them a guide for a more successful future. It is also wonderful to be part of the overall economy in some small way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.... So to last in the accountancy profession, I think you need to enjoy what you do.

      There is a saying that once you find a job you love, you will never work a day in your life.

      Delete